CeVMs Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

URGENT MATTER

5 posters

Go down

URGENT MATTER Empty URGENT MATTER

Post  Xelvo Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:58 pm

The number of players in the server is fast declining!

This is the problem i see:

Currently, the high experience rate allows player to get to lvl 200 in a short period of time, and by continuing to rebirth, they are able to get more AP and get stronger. This structure has the following flaws:
- Vast difference in damage and stats between the old existing players and the new players who has just registered. This is because once you are rebirth once, it is very easy to level up just by going to the zakum. Although the new system has been put in place recently, the rice has turned into the porridge and it does a little in creating equality among the maplers.
- With the types of jobs to choose from are quite limited (Warrior, Archer, Rogue, Magician), quickly leveling up and changing jobs will be very fun in the beginning, but would also make players very bored in the long run. The main attraction of the legit maple server (i.e. MapleSEA) is the amount of effort a person must put in to level up their characters, which in turn commands respect from the people around them as a result of attaining a high level. With that said, of course, if the experience rate in this server is the same as the normal maple server, then there would be no point in playing here. The current exp rate in CeVMs must aim to find a balance between having a experience rate that would not require players to put in too much effort to level up, but at the same time, they feel good when they attain a high level.

Thus, I have only this to say to improve the game:

Remove rebirth npc and change the AP structure of the game. This means that for each level you gain, you will get more AP, say 20 (or any number). In addition to this, the exp rate should be lowered so that it would take a longer time to get to level 200. By doing this, getting to level 200 would not be as easy as before, but would not be too hard, and each level that a player manage to attain, they are rewarded with more points. The main advantage of this is that the damage disparity between the old and new players would be greatly reduced.

Consider this example:

A player who gets to level 200 will be able to rebirth. To get to level 200 again from level 1 after the rebirth, it hardly requires effort. This means that, after rebirth, they can keep getting 200 times 5 AP per level = 1000 AP per rebirth. Putting 1000AP into the primary attribute would mean that the rebirth player can do MUCH more damage than the new players. Just like in the world today where the rich gets richer and the poor gets poorer, the strong gets stronger and the weak gets weaker in the server. Therefore, it is important that the exp is adjusted and the rebirth NPC removed to prevent this from happening.

Some of you might say that removing the rebirth means that the players would no longer can change jobs anymore and this would mean that you cannot get the skills that you want. Therefore, instead of rebirth npc, a job change npc should be made instead. This way, each player would not have to rebirth to change jobs and they can get their skills that they want eventually. However the change job npc must come at a high price, i.e. you must do a difficult quest first or you must pay a lot of meso. This is also to create a more equal society within the game itself.

I hope that everyone could understand what I am trying to say and I really believe that this is the right way forward. Anyone of you disagree, post below and lets discuss it!

Xelvo
GameMaster
GameMaster

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Back to top Go down

URGENT MATTER Empty Re: URGENT MATTER

Post  xXsTaTicVx CeVXx Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:11 am

just a quick glimpse to what im up to.
when i finish my transfering server files to 0.59. ALL player data will be reset.
Its time to balance things out..

about this.. i will reduce exp rate to 250x or even 200x depending on how the server is like..
xXsTaTicVx CeVXx
xXsTaTicVx CeVXx
GameMaster
GameMaster

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-08-04

http://www.cevms.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  yuji Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:27 pm

lets try to solve the matter =l
yuji
yuji
Blue Mushroom
Blue Mushroom

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2008-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post  keithhy Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:46 pm

xXsTaTicVx CeVXx wrote:just a quick glimpse to what im up to.
when i finish my transfering server files to 0.59. ALL player data will be reset.

about this.. i will reduce exp rate to 250x or even 200x depending on how the server is like..

Wot ? 200x ?
I'm already suffering badly with 3k exp rate ._.
keithhy
keithhy
Blue Snail
Blue Snail

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  jaysen Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:20 am

keithhy wrote:

Wot ? 200x ?

its not hard wad..lmao.. just need time..
jaysen
jaysen
Green Mushroom
Green Mushroom

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2008-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  yuji Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:26 am

jaysen wrote:
keithhy wrote:

Wot ? 200x ?

its not hard wad..lmao.. just need time..

Agree to jaysen =D
yuji
yuji
Blue Mushroom
Blue Mushroom

Back to top Go down

Post  jaysen Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:19 pm

firstly for those non-chiongster, MAKE a mage for your first class.. Bishop best.. as the meso drop rate is also low.. making a bishop can help save alot meso, potions and dieing..
somemore Genesis FTW.. GENESIS MORE TO MAKE MORE PEOPLE DC.. AND TO DC YOURSELF.. LMAO
jaysen
jaysen
Green Mushroom
Green Mushroom

Back to top Go down

Post  yuji Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:37 pm

jaysen wrote:firstly for those non-chiongster, MAKE a mage for your first class.. Bishop best.. as the meso drop rate is also low.. making a bishop can help save alot meso, potions and dieing..
somemore Genesis FTW.. GENESIS MORE TO MAKE MORE PEOPLE DC.. AND TO DC YOURSELF.. LMAO
'

MAGE AOE FTW~ have fun MASS DC TGT =O lol!
yuji
yuji
Blue Mushroom
Blue Mushroom

Back to top Go down

Post  jaysen Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:53 am

yuji wrote:
jaysen wrote:firstly for those non-chiongster, MAKE a mage for your first class.. Bishop best.. as the meso drop rate is also low.. making a bishop can help save alot meso, potions and dieing..
'

Lmao.. my Blizzard wun make ppl dc so jialat.. genesis more powerful.. wan solo map, see intruders come hanging on the sky, faster on infinity spam genesis.. 100% the intruder gets dc.. lmao.. tried alot experiment and it works..
jaysen
jaysen
Green Mushroom
Green Mushroom

Back to top Go down

Post  yuji Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:30 am

jaysen wrote:
yuji wrote:
'

Lmao.. my Blizzard wun make ppl dc so jialat.. genesis more powerful.. wan solo map, see intruders come hanging on the sky, faster on infinity spam genesis.. 100% the intruder gets dc.. lmao.. tried alot experiment and it works..

lmao if suay dc tgt xD
yuji
yuji
Blue Mushroom
Blue Mushroom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down